So far my opinion on the book has remained the same, although I find the book is slowly improving now that the conflict has been put into place. Jack and Ralph are still not getting along which I expected because they are both good leaders that want to have control over the people on the island. I am happy that more and more of the children are reacting like they should. Although they are acting very barbaric like when Jack refused to share the pigs meat with the others. I like how Piggy is starting to stand up for himself, I think in the next few chapters he will definitely continue to stand up for himself. I am wondering if they will ever get rescued, there were a few planes that flew over the island but no one was tending to the signal fire so the pilots probably dint notice anything unusual about the island. No one is really taking the duties seriously anymore. I think later in the book the “groups” will break up and everyone will have to fend for themselves. Jack seems obsessed with killing pigs, it seems like that is how he shows his leadership to others. Whenever I see Piggy’s name I think of Jack’s obsession with killing the pigs, I feel like there will be fight in between the two characters and then Jack will become obsessed with killing the real piggy. I feel like that’s why the author choose the name Piggy for the character instead of other nicknames that could be used to describe larger children, like tubby, fatty or chubby. I hoping that the book continues to improve and more conflict comes into play. I think that will see more fights in between the two groups and they will eventually break up.
P.S I’m sorry the journal was so late I thought I posted it on Sunday, I checked the website today and saw that it wasn't there :/
~Sophie
~Sophie
Sophie, I agree that there will probably be a fight between Piggy and Jack. I can't believe I didn't realize the link between Jackson obsession of killing pigs and Piggies name. I think it's good that Piggy is standing up for himself but I think it might get him in more trouble.
ReplyDeleteLiam