Journal entry #4
The last stretch of the book was all together pretty disappointing.
Everyone raves that this book is New York Times #1 best seller material when
honestly, it wasn’t that good. Like a TV show loosing an audience and money,
they killed off characters that were common favorites in the group, which made
me loose interest towards the end. Piggy didn’t deserve to die, nor did I ever
expect him to die, due to his innocence and how he was bullied. I’m going to
say the book was ok, because the beginning wasn’t that bad. Jack should have
died, no one deserves to die in life, but Jack was on my list for the character
that was expected to die. I found the book hard to read, because the chapters
are split in three’s, and every chapter is so long that it makes time seem to
sloooooowwww down. I may have complained allot about the book, but I can say
that the symbolism used in the book was superb, in the most part…. I find that
the survival elements in this book were cliché, as in the author tried his best
to portray the picture of being trapped on an island.
Many of us may say we would be completely calm, chill and
alert when on an unknown island. In reality, insanity is a human’s downfall.
People have been tested in real world situations, such as plane crash’s in remote jungles, were
they result in doing things such as cannibalism because of how they’re brains
have been traumatized, its because were hungry, it may play a big role, but
allot of it is psychological. I did allot of complaining about this book, but
maybe in the future it may help if I’m ever stranded on an island with a bunch
of kids xD
Mathieu B
Matt
ReplyDeleteI agree with you, that Piggy did not have to die. He was a good character and my second favorite in the book. Another thing that really bugged me in the book was how Piggy got bullied. It I was in the book I would have stood up for Piggy and I would have told Jack to stop calling them fatty.
Kirsch
I would have to agree it is not a very good book, I do not know why everyone is saying that is possibly the best book they have ever read. It would also have to agree with you on how the survival element is cliché, you would think the boys would be panicking a little more.
ReplyDelete~Sophie