Thursday, 6 December 2012


Journal Entry 3 - Kirsch

The third part of the book really bored me. I find the book is getting worse and worse as it goes. But I really enjoyed the ninth chapter. It was interesting how most of the boys in Ralph's group join Jack's new tribe. I would join Jack's tribe because I would get meat and fruit. But the only problem is we would not make a fire and we would not get rescued. If I join Ralph's group we would have fruit but no meat and we have a better chance to get rescued. Again the dance around the fire shows how savage the boys are becoming. I don't like how Simon was the first person die in the book. I don't think he deserved it. Also when Simon got killed he lost the message that the beast dose not exist but it is just a man in a parachute. Now the boys still think the beast exists and the might not go up the mountain to start the fire ever again. I knew that the beast was not real and it was all in there heads. I also think the pilot replacing the fire on the mountains in chapter 7 represents the deterioration of human hope. I was also right how the group will split up, but i did not think that most of the bigluns would go with Jack. I am confused about how Simon found the dead pig head. Did he get it off the pig that Jack's tribe killed in the chapter 9. I how understand were the tittle of the book comes from the Lord of the Flies is a dead pig head. Also my prediction of were Jack and his new tribe make camp was true. They made their camp on castle rock. it is the most likeliest place for the barbarians to go. Over all this part of the book bored me a lot except for the 9th chapter. most of my predictions were right.

3 comments:

  1. Kirsch, I agree that the book i getting worse. Its getting really odd. I would disagree about joining Jacks tribe though. He isn’t even trying to get rescued because all him and his tribe do is hunt pigs. I would stay in Ralph’s group because even though there wouldn't be meat we might get rescued.

    Liam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liam

    But I would join jacks tribe because you have a better chance to survive. you get fruit and meat. but you don't have water near the castle rock. That is the only problem. but if you were to join Ralph's group you would only get fruit and no protean. A little protean is needed to survive. I do not understand why you would join Ralphs group. All I am saying you should think twice about joining Ralphs group.

    Kirsch

    ReplyDelete
  3. No offense but are you insane??? Jacks group pulls you in with the thought of food and fun, but in reality, its a group of insane children with the thirst of pigs blood.

    Mathieu

    ReplyDelete