Journal #2
Journal #2
As per usual, there is tension on the island. Ralph spots a ship in the distance, but is unclear as to if the smoke signal is burning or not. In the end, it turns out the fire wasn’t supervised during the pig hunt. I can understand why Ralph is so angry, the group of children lost possibly they’re only chance at being rescued. On that note, while the boys are “having fun” with they’re war paint and they’re chanting of “Kill the pig. Cut her throat. Spill her blood”, they neglect to do other duties around camp. Such as, I don’t know… KEEP THE SIGNAL GOING! One observation I’ve made is that the kids have been split into two groups, (Which I guessed would happen right from the start) the Bigums and the Littluns. The Littluns are allot more vulnerable in this situation, considering they are the youngest on the island. I find that not to be a smart idea because in a sense, the younger children are left to fend for themselves. I find it funny that Piggy’s glasses are being used in different scenarios like a multi-tool. Then there’s the meeting, the meeting is a big factor in this chapter. Many topics are brought up such as the beast and sanitation around the camp. Moving more on the scary side, its creepy that a dead pilot is drifting down from above after air-air combat. Personally, that would shake me up and put me on edge, not to mention I’m roughly 5 years older then these kids. What I’m trying to say is that maybe in the future, this will stick with them mentally. So far the book is getting more and more interesting, but I’m expecting something big to come in just a few chapters. Again excuse my tardiness, I have been very busy this past week.
Mathieu Berlinquette
Matt, It is definitely true that the kids are forgetting the important tasks at hand while “having fun”. The fire is the most important job and everyone would rather kill pigs. The assembly probably made everything worse as well because it just made Jack angry though they did really need an asembly.
ReplyDeleteLiam