After reading the third quarter of the book I can say it seems weird and creepy. It seems as if a lot of kids are slowly going insane and turning savage. Only a few still have some sense like Ralph and Piggy. Jack has finally started his new tribe trying to get everyone to join. During the last chapter Simon has been killed showing how savage they are getting. Also we have finally learned what the lord of the flies is. The lord of the flies is a pigs head on a stick which I find symbolizes insanity and savages. The characters have also seen the “beast” for the first time and overreacted. Even if its a dead person there is no reason to think that it's going to come back from the dead and eat them but they are kids looking at a destroyed face so I guess they didn't even know it was human. One thing I found odd was that Ralph thought they wouldn't be found because they couldn't have a fire on the mountain and it took a long time before anyone thought of just simply moving the fire until Piggy said it. When I was reading chapter nine I realized that they never stopped talking about the chanting, the thunder and the dancing so I kind of “zoned out” then when I red the last three paragraphs it said Simon's dead body was floating in the ocean. I didn't realize Simon had died so I had to reread some of it. My opinion on the book is getting worse even though there is more action it's starting to get really weird and creepy. I think it will only get worse in the last 2 or 3 chapters and Jacks tribe will grow more and soon be complete savages.
Liam
I think that they are turning savage because they have finally realised what is happening, I also think that Ralph and Jack are the only calm ones about it because they have faith that someone will somehow rescue them, and because they are good leaders.
ReplyDelete~Sophie