Journal #4
Well my prediction from the last journal was right it really
does not get better. I am really disappointed with this book, my expectations
were really high, and I was really excited to read it. Everyone told me that it
was one of the best books that they ever read, and honestly I really do not
agree. It was really boring to read, and nothing really exciting happened. The
chapters were too long and boring, nothing would happen throughout the chapter
and at the end, something would happen. I was always so confused because I
would zone out and then read that someone died, and I would think ‘huh? What just
happened?’ because I wasn’t paying attention.
It was often frustrating to read, because of that. The ending of the
book was decent although I wasn’t expecting them to get rescued, because the
twins never really kept the fire going, they would always fall asleep, and when
the planes flew over the fire was probably too dim for them to notice. I also thought
no one would find them because it seems like many planes were flying away from
the country because of a nuclear war and you would think that the army would be
too preoccupied with that. I really do not think that this book was very
realistic in that way. I find that some aspects about the human nature were
true though, like for example how everyone ended up going crazy near the end,
but in the beginning I think they should have been freaking out a little more. I
am happy that have finally finished the book and I now know what everyone is
talking about, at least now I can actually tell them my opinion :)
~Sophie
No comments:
Post a Comment