Journal Entry 2 - Kirsch
Painted Faces and Long Hair/ Beast from the Water/ Beast from the Air
As I read through the seconded part of the book it has become clear to me that they are not going to stop bullying Piggy. Piggy makes so much suggestions to the group and boys such as Jack just tell him to shut up. They are all real jerks. The boys on the island are becoming more and more crazy. I mean that they are becoming so violent. Every thing that the boys think about is either killing something or fighting somebody. I think that Jack will try and gain power in the third half of the book. He is challenging Ralph and questioning Ralph's actions. I believe that in the future Jack will lead a rebellion to over-through Ralph. The one thing that I do not understand is where is the dead pilot on the island. The part of the chapter were it explains what happened to the dead body is so confusing. The saying the hunters chant “ kill the pig, cut her throat, spill her blood,” just shows you how crazy and barbaric the hunters are coming. It was really mean that Jack would not share the meat with the boys that did not hunt with him. I think that Jack is the biggest bully on the island. I think that if Ralph does not do something to keep all the boys in line, all hope is lots for them being rescued. The beast is not real and the beast is just all in the boy's heads. Nobody seen the beast clearly. What some of the boys are seeing as the beast are probably the mirages. Also the littluns are just dreaming and thinking they are in reality. To concluded the second part of the book was not that interesting to me, it is no longer an adventure but it is survival situation. The author is not making the survival situation interesting. I hope that the third part of the book it more interesting.
Kirsch
Kirsch, I agree that all Jack is is a big bully. Piggy is the smartest one there and should be treated better. Also I agree that the chanting makes them seem more insane. I don't think anyone is their self anymore. I don't think they will be themselves ever again.
ReplyDeleteLiam