Tuesday, 11 December 2012





 Character questions and answers 
Mathieu Berlinquette
1.    With the “mutiny” against Ralph, proposed by Jack, why would Jack want to be the leader? Other then the stupid excuses he used to convince the group of kids.
A.   Jack and Ralph have been rivalries since the beginning. Starting with the first vote for leader.

2.     Why is Simon so attracted to the pig’s head?

A.   Simon was going insane, but at the same time was seeing the truth of whom or what was the real beast.

3.     Why is Jack acting the way he’s acting? As in what is causing he’s    strange behavior?

A.     The thirst of power, the thirst of being the leader of his own group.
Another answer could be that he’s going insane.

4.     Piggy stays close to Ralph in a large chunk of the book, why?

A.   Ralph is the oldest besides Piggy, they do belong in the Bigums group, but Ralph, in Piggy’s eyes, is a leader and a friend.

5.     Why would Bill and Roger leave Ralph’s “group”?

A.     They have the idea that Jack’s group is allot more fun/interesting.

6.     Sam and Eric are in a sense, push-overs. Will this be they’re downfall in the future?

A.     Yes it will, I have a feeling Jack will take advantage of them.

7.     Ralph can be called a leader, but at the same time, one can call him a follower. Why?
A.   Ralph is frightful of Jack, at the end of chapter nine and in the chapters to come, he is staring to give up and fallow Jack’s ruling.



8.     Who is the Lord of the flies?
     A. An imaginary entity, but portrayed as the dead pilot.

9.     Are the characters of the lord of the flies in any way a good match? Do they create good chemistry throughout the chapters?

   A.  They are a very dysfunctional bunch with no good connections      between each other, other then Ralph and Piggy.


   10.  Do you think Zack, even before him being on the island, was a bully   at school?

     A. I most definitely think so.

5 comments:

  1. Good set of question but I thought for #8 the lord of the flies was portrayed as the pigs head on a stick and the beast was the pilot. I agree with the answer for #10, Jack was probably a bully or a control freak at school because all he wants is power.

    Liam

    ReplyDelete
  2. For question #8,I kind of got at that, that the lord if the flies was the pigs head and that the beast was the pilot, but when we had our discussion, I got kind of confused. Thanks for pointing that out.

    Mathieu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie

    I think you chose great questions for the theme part of the book. They are smart and brief. My questions I think I over thought them, they were to complicated. Also I which I knew about that we could write questions from earlier on in the book.

    Kirsch

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must admit, I thought these questions were only for the third quarter of the book... last three i reflected on the rest. I can say it was very difficult to use that small part of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed these discussion questions! It really helped me understand more in class when we discussed them with the group. I really had trouble understanding what was going on in this part of the book. Oh and by the way Kirsch these were Matt’s questions.
    ~Sophie

    ReplyDelete