Tuesday, 11 December 2012

Journal Entry #3


To begin, all I got to say is that what ever is left of the group’s willingness to stick together is, or soon will be, gone. The mutiny that was suggested by Zack was brought to question Ralph’s ability to be a leader, saying that Ralph was a cowered and a terrible leader. By saying that, he was able to “overthrow” Ralph’s power as leader and essentially kick him to the curb. Looking at world politics these days, after going thru hard times, certain country’s demand a new leader. In some cases change is good, but others can lead in disaster. What I’m trying to get at is that in this case, they are changing leader’s for “enjoyment”, meaning they want to have fun instead of focus on important jobs and responsibility’s. In my mind this group is doomed, Piggy and Ralph are going to take heat from the opposing leader as already shown, but something BIG will happen soon. At this point, I know for a fact that characters will start to die off; unfortunately Simon was the first victim of this island of insanity. It bothers me that Simon had knowledge of who the Lord of the flies really was, and then was accidently killed. The book is getting depressing, instead of progress, they are getting more and more…..CRAZY! I know I relate allot of this book to world events and personal life, but there’s sooo much resemblances. Like a horror movie, it’s not going to end nice, people are being put out of the picture one by one, and the group’s sanity is being tested. Overall these past 3 chapters have been eventful, but I have a feeling we haven’t seen anything yet. Now to the final stretch!

Mathieu Berlinquette

3 comments:

  1. Matt, I think you’re right about everyone on the island. They are just trying to have fun by killing pigs but them changing leaders because they get to hunt pigs is not a good reason. Because of this the fire will not be lit and no rescue will come. Also since Simon died I also think some other people will be murdered.

    Liam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even if I know the ending, at this point in the book, they were to be lucky. In the end, they were VERY lucky.

    ReplyDelete