After reading the last chapters of the book I can say I did not like the book. After Piggy died my opinion on the book plummeted. Everyone went insane and became a complete savage except Ralph and the twins. The last chapter dragged on about Ralph thinking should I do this or that over and over again. They started a fire and then it was just running and hiding and running and hiding... I like that they got rescued in the end but Piggy should have been there. When Piggy died it was like all hope on the island had disappeared. The conch went with Piggy which I thought symbolized the fall of Ralph cause the conch was like the symbol of sanity and of order. Jack was just a power hungry fool who turned everyone into a savage. Everyone but Jack should have been rescued and he should have been left behind to hunt pig for the rest of his life. If Jack wasn’t on the island I think that they could have had their sanity till they got rescued and everyone might have stayed to the rules. But because Jack was there he started his own tribe and got almost everyone to join just because everyone seemed to love killing pigs. It was a very dark book saying human nature can be so bad without rules. Saying kids can lose their minds with no parents. It went from boring to a bit exciting to weird to dark and creepy.I would not recommend the book to anyone because it was weird, dark, confusing and boring at some parts. I find it annoying that almost all books you read in school are old, depressing and often weird. I can just add this to the books I disliked reading at school.
Liam
Liam
ReplyDeleteI agree with you about how the book is not that good in the end.
I am also happy that Ralph and the twins got rescued. I am glade that there was a happy ending.
I also agree that the shell that died with piggy is a symbioses Ralph's leader ship.
Kirsch