Saturday, 24 November 2012

Journal entry #1




So far I find the book a quite a bit exiting. Although everyone elected Ralph the leader I think Piggy would have been the best leader because he seems the most intelligent and wiser than everyone. He also seems to care more about everyone. Though if I was in the crowd with all the kids I probably would have voted for Ralph because he was already acting like a good leader after calling everyone with the conch. I think that Ralph is a good leader now because he takes in everyone's ideas but I think Piggy would be better even if he has less physical abilities. I expected Jack to be more angry to Ralph about being leader but he seems to be agreeing and going along with him. I thought there might be some jealousy and he might split off with the quire as his own group. If that did happen there might be some kind of a war going on between them. I find it a bit ironic how Piggy is calling everyone kids because no one was listening to him but him complaining makes him seem childish and really they're all kids. Since they are all kids it's really unpredictable what they are going to do with no adults around to tell them what to do and what not to do. None of the older kids paid attention to the little kids already. They also started a forest fire which they think there might be some little kids in. One of the kids mentioned a beastie or a snake which no one believed to exist but if rumors started spreading people might believe and panic. I don't see them getting rescued any time soon because there are still 9 chapters in the book and I don't see how the story could continue for so long if they did.

Liam 

2 comments:

  1. I'v go to disagree, Ralph would not be a good leader, he seems like the type that would crack under presser, not to mention no one respects him as a person.

    ReplyDelete